LOCATION & GETTING HERE
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
Villa Santa Cruz is located five miles north of the town of Todos Santos, just past the famous La Pastora Surf Break. Our location offers the utmost experience in privacy and seclusion with all the conveniences of being located close to town. The drive time between the Villa and Todos Santos is about 10-15 minutes. The first 3 miles of the road to the Villa are paved and the last 2 miles are on dirt.
Please refer to your confirmation email for detailed directions and front gate code. Here are quick directions from Los Cabos:
- Take Hwy 19 towards Todos Santos, at the dead end, turn right on to Juarez.
- At the 3 way stop at the corner of Juarez and Topete, turn left onto Topete.
- Follow the road out of town, curving past Baja Tiles and then uphill to a “T” in the road – turn left at the “T.” Pass the school on your right.
- At the fork, stay right on the pavement towards Batiquitos. One mile later, pass the market, El Sol II.
- When the pavement ends, continue on dirt for two miles. Go over a cattle guard, and the Villa is 1/4 mile up on the left. The gate is locked to ensure our guests’ privacy – please contact us for the gate code and more detailed directions.
GETTING HERE FROM THE AIRPORT
Fly into either Los Cabos (SJD) or La Paz (LAP). From Los Cabos, the drive time is approximately 1.5 hours; from La Paz, it is about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
The roads from both cities are recently renovated (construction completed) – they are safe and wide four lane highways.
We can gladly arrange for a private airport shuttle to take you to and from the airport (fees apply). Please send an email
to email@example.com to get your trip arranged.
If you prefer a rental car, we offer complimentary on-site parking.
Interested in Private Air options? Please inquire.
On Property Details
DO YOU HAVE A RESTAURANT/BAR?
Your hotel room rate includes coffee/tea delivered to your door at sunrise and a hearty, Mexican breakfast. Breakfast is served in the outdoor dining room (or to your room upon request) from 8am – 10am. It includes freshly squeezed orange or green juice, fresh fruit, coffee/tea and one main dish from the menu – our guests love the Mexican eggs, chilaquiles and omelets to order – just to name a few. All salsas, soups, sauces and tortilla chips are made in house – simply delicious!
Lunch is offered from 12 noon to 5pm from our Villa Kitchen. The Pool Bar is open from 12noon until sunset.
Dinner is served at the Villa until 9pm daily, with the Lounge Bar open from sunset – 10pm.
Alternatively, walk up the sand dune to dine oceanfront, with toes in the sand, at our onsite restaurant, The Green Room, located on property (Open Daily, 1 – 9pm).
Guests do not have personal access to the Villa kitchen.
CAN YOU SWIM IN THE OCEAN IN FRONT OF THE VILLA?
The Pacific Ocean along the Baja Peninsula is generally too rough for novice swimmers and children. This is one of the reasons why the Villa has such a large pool. However, we are located on a world class surf break (La Pastora), so the ocean is great for experienced surfers and swimmers.
IS THE POOL HEATED? IS IT SALTWATER?
Yes, the pool is heated by a solar collector system (very eco-friendly!). As long as there is sun, the pool is usually at least 80⁰F/27⁰C, and often much warmer.
Yes, our pool is newly remodeled and has been converted to saltwater.
IS THERE SURFING NEARBY?
Villa Santa Cruz is just a 10 minute walk up the beach from a well known surf break in the area called La Pastora. It is a bit off the beaten path, so it is more of a “locals” spot. Also, there is surfing (when the waves behave) in front of the Villa and in between the Villa and La Pastora (a smaller break called Mandelone’s). There are also two other breaks in the area – San Pedrito and Cerritos. If you decide not to travel with your surfboard/gear, we can arrange to have rentals here upon your arrival.
DOES VILLA SANTA CRUZ HAVE AIR CONDITIONING?
All 15 Rooms are air-conditioned. Due to our beautiful climate, air conditioning is usually not needed in the winter/spring/early summer months (mainly just used from mid-Aug to mid-Oct).
COVID-19 & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
IS COVID TESTING AVAILABLE IN TODOS SANTOS?
Yes. For guests returning to the United States, all international air passengers are required to show proof of a negative Covid-19 test within 24 hours of travel. The local private clinic in Todos Santos, St. Jude’s, can perform either of the two approved diagnostic tests: 1) PCR and/or 2) Antigen test, by appointment. The Antigen testing cost is approximately $30 USD with same day results. We will gladly schedule appointments for our guests to ensure a seamless return home.
WHAT SAFETY MEASURES IS VILLA SANTA CRUZ TAKING TO KEEP EVERYONE HEALTHY?
We have taken extra precautions and ramped up our exceptionally high standards to ensure a safer, comfortable travel experience for our guests during times of coronavirus/Covid-19. Some highlights of our efforts to ensure your safety and comfort include the following:
- We have enhanced social distancing options. For example, breakfast tables are spread out, communication can be with guests via text message, room service options for all meals and drinks, the coordination of food delivered from The Green Room or other Todos Santos Restaurants, etc.
- All our staff wear face masks and wash hands frequently and thoroughly.
- We are using recommended cleaning agents in rooms and all public spaces multiple times per day.
- Hand sanitizer is available for guest and staff use throughout the hotel.
We are here for you, continuing to deliver generous-spirited hospitality to everyone who walks through our doors.